Role: Commercial Manager
Location: County Sports Ground, Claines Lane, Worcester
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm With flexibility in lieu needed for events on evenings and weekends (Including Home Matchdays)
Worcester City FC are a non-league football club established in 1902. As well as a senior men’s team who will be playing in the Hellenic League in the 2023/24 season, we also have a reserve team and junior teams for boys and girls from U8’s through to U18’s. The club is embarking on a new journey of majority ownership with ambitions to significantly improve the playing standards and league position on the pitch, as well as improving our commercial operations, and our match day experience for our loyal supporters. We hope to bring this about with various commercial & community-focused initiatives and embracing a one-club ethos from our youngest primary school-age players right through to our most senior semi-professional first-team players.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work closely with the Directors, the Supporters Trust, and our team of hard-working and loyal volunteers to:
- Liaise with local schools, clubs and community groups to raise WCFC’s profile with the supporters and players of tomorrow.
- Create and promote a wide range of sponsorship packages.
- Build a network of mutually beneficial commercial partnerships with local businesses to generate much-needed income for the club.
- Help to enhance an exciting match day experience for our supporters.
- Implement and host a range of match day and non-match day hospitality & fundraising events for our sponsors, partners and supporters.
- Work closely with our youth chairman to promote and enhance our youth academy for boys and girls.
- Assist with our website and social media strategy including choreographing first team, reserves and Youth to promote a one-club mentality.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters, emails and reports.
- Ability to liaise confidently an effectively via the telephone, in writing and face to face.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Willingness to continue to learn and develop.
- Entrepreneurial outlook with the ability to cold call (both face to face and over the phone) when needed.
- To always act with integrity.
- To always act with due care, skill & diligence.
For more information, please contact us by email HERE.